Thursday, November 25, 2010

Visit with Aunt Jen

Isaac was very lucky because he got to share his first Thanksgiving with his Aunt Jen.  Although we did some fun activities, the three adults mostly just bummed around the house and watched Isaac.  Since Isaac's a little unpredictable with strangers these days--sometimes he flirts outrageously with someone only to hysterically sob when that person waves at him in the next day, I was curious to see how he'd do with Jen.  But either her similarity to me (we are twins after all) or her entrancing presence (hair to pull!  necklaces to eat!) put him at ease.


New hair to pull!

Stop looking at the camera and feed me!

Why hello there.  Who's that green man sitting with you?

I love my Aunt Jen!

Isaac's favorite game to play with his auntie is to scream at her and wait until she screams back; he's become really good with mimicking.  In the morning when he gets up, while Auntie Jen's still in bed, he's been shrieking and then pausing expectantly.  So Jen awakens to his little baby shrieks of joy.  All in all, not a bad start to the day.

While we're of course thrilled that Jen's here, we really wish Isaac's other auntie was here to share the day with us.  Isaac obviously does too: when she sent us a card, he tried to absorb her presence by eating the envelope.  I'm really looking forward to winter break, when we can all be together--and in warmer climes!

The monkey sticker's for me 'cause I'm a little monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment