Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I've Got Music

Here's a little equation even an English prof can do:

sick mama + too many papers + date night (!) = no blogging over the weekend.

For the first time in awhile, David and I went out by ourselves--and not just to dinner but to see a show by one of our new favorite musicians.  In theory I was excited, but I was also thinking, "I don't want to drive seventy-five miles to Small City and back again.  I'm too oooooooooold to go to a concert anyway; it's not like I'm going to be moshing."  But I knew David really wanted to go, so I stopped being a Debbie Downer and after I put my angel baby to bed, we left.

And we had a great time.  The drive turned out to be wonderful since it gave us lots of time to just talk and hang out.  We managed to get seats in the balcony, so we were able to listen to this amazing artist while sipping on vodka (or gin) tonics.  The evening turned out to be so relaxing and wonderful.  Honestly, sometimes I forget how amazing my husband is: we have so much to do now that it can be hard to take time out for our marriage.  But it was really great to take a night out just for us--even if I didn't get to sleep until 1:30 and Isaac woke up at five.

The next morning, David was inspired to pull out his guitar, much to Isaac's delight.


Here he is trying to help Daddy decipher the chords.  Look at the intense concentration on his face!


I love Isaac's huge string of drool while he's trying to take the camera away from David. 


Here's Isaac watching me play the one song I know on guitar--"A Horse with No Name."


And here's Isaac showing his daddy the proper technique.  I think we're raising a budding musician: these photos probably will end up being on one of VH1's Behind the Music episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment