Sunday, September 19, 2010

Going Bananas

No swimming photo ops this week--a 4:45 am wake-up time yesterday morning, combined with a refusal to nap, meant that Isaac was too exhausted to do much more than drink the water and belch loudly during our swim class. 

But we did try something new this weekend--bananas!  I'm determined to make, rather than buy, Isaac's baby food, and this is my first attempt:


Since the process just involved mashing bananas (organic, fair trade bananas--because I want Isaac to not only have the best but also  to not become the Man, despite his white male status), I couldn't feel too proud of myself.  But it smelled really good, and David, who felt compelled to taste it, though it tasted awesome too.  Still, Isaac remained skeptical at first...


He's starting to get used to the different taste and texture, though.


Next up on his tasting menu?  Sweet potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment