Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shark Babies, Dinner and Bonding

For people who didn't take one photo the entire time we lived in Miami (also the first four years of our married life), David and I sure take tons of photos now--all told, we've been taken about three thousand since Isaac was born.  Of course, nearly all of them feature a beautifully handsome angel baby, but due to Isaac's mischievous and hilarious behavior, we often get quite funny ones too.  But these two--these deserve special attention for their sheer awesomeness. David and I burst out laughing every time we see them.


First up--our naked shark monster baby.  Isaac had just taken a bath and had used his masculine wiles to escape as I was attempting to put a diaper on him.  Notice his little pot belly--obviously someone had a lot of dinner that night.  David thinks he looks like a naked but caped superhero.  And look at the intense concentration on his face (as he tosses the remote control to the ground).  Given the fact that David and my pet name for Isaac during the first trimester was fish baby, I think this photo is completely apropos.  Our fish baby's all grown up!





 Next up we have a touching photo of father-and-son bonding.  Look how charming my two boys are!  Isaac had been crawling around half-naked (no self-consciousness in this one) and much to his delight, Daddy scooped him up in his arms.  I decided to capture the moment, but the moment I captured wasn't exactly what I thought I was getting.  Isaac spit up just as the camera flashed--and clearly isn't bothered in the least.  Actually, he's sticking his chest out proudly.  Daddy, on the other hand, can't help but look on in disgust.

Being a parent is an amazing gift that you have to take take seriously.  But it's also a messy, hilarious trip--and the photos that illustrate that are always my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment