Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Last week, Isaac and I went out to buy the best Christmas tree that Walmart had to offer.  David and I agreed that colored lights were more magical, but unfortunately in the process of trying to stuff a seven-foot tree, a car seat, and my child into an uncooperative cart (like one of those seventh-grade math problems come back to haunt me), I picked up the wrong one and was too exhausted to exchange it once we got home.  Nevertheless, Isaac was entranced by the tree.  When he woke up from his afternoon nap--Walmart is tiring!--we had a surprise waiting for him:



We turned off all the lights before lighting the Christmas tree in order to be even more dramatic.  Isaac was quite impressed by all the tiny, shiny, glowing lights.  He kept on wanting to grab them and stuff them in his mouth. 

I love how these photos turned out, but maybe favorite one is with the lights on and Isaac, with his red cheeks and open mouth, staring in awe at the top of the tree.



David and I are so excited to share the holiday season with our bouncing baby boy.  Happy thoughts to everyone during this magical time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment