Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

We've had a snowstorm the last two weekends--in fact, this weekend, we had blizzard-like conditions.  Despite my dislike of winter, I was excited to take Isaac outside and show him snow.  I dressed him in his bear suit--which was the warmest thing I could think of--and off we went, into the wilderness of the front yard.

Isaac was not impressed.  I don't know if you can tell in this photo, but his entire body is rigid--whether from the cold or out of hatred for the bear suit (which restricts his movements), I can't tell.  But his general unhappiness shines through.


We quickly went inside after being out for about five minutes (Daddy stayed out to clear off the car).  I thought we'd try a second time this weekend, and I dressed him in his new puffy coat, recently acquired at the nearby thrift store, which just so happens to match mine.  Isaac wasn't too enthusiastic.
 
 

The three of us went out into the snow, and Daddy held Isaac--I thought maybe laboring in the snow was a masculine activity.


You can see a hint of a smile in this last photo--Isaac's helpless to Daddy's tickle fingers.  However, we had to concede defeat: just like his mama, Isaac is not a fan of winter.


However, he is a fan of baths--with some hot water, we can make the bathroom a steamy, tropical getaway.  Here's our little shark baby.


Good thing he's a friendly, cuddly shark baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment