Saturday, December 18, 2010

Grunge or Lumberjack?

Being a first-time mom with a time-consuming job isn't exactly conducive to style (and I've never been fashionista--I'll leave that in the capable hands of my sister.).  But I was thrilled to see the comeback of the flannel shirt this season; it reminded me so much of the early 90s, when everyone in my middle-school wore Docs and flannel.  I snatched up shirts for me and the boys when I was at Target (told you I wasn't a fashionista), and I have to say my husband and son look completely adorable:



Then David pointed out to me that flannel never goes out of style in our current location--he thinks Isaac looks more like a woodsman or farmer than an 90s rocker.  

 
I agree--it's definitely ambiguous: I mean, is Isaac raising his fist here, ready to rock?  Or is he wielding an imaginary axe, ready to chop down trees?  Is it lumberjack chic or grunge?  Oh well, nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment