Saturday, October 2, 2010

Swim Lessons, Part II

When I first registered Isaac for swim lessons, I was a bit worried: was I pushing him into it just because I loved the water?  Was I, God forbid, one of those parents who just want their kids to replicate (and validate) their own experiences?

Thankfully, Isaac put my mind at ease from the very first moment of our swim lessons, when he shrieked in delight at the sight of the pool.  You can imagine, then, how exited he was to actually get in the water.  Actually, you don't have to imagine:






Our basic swim class teaches all sorts of swim fundamentals, like kicking, splashing, and Isaac's really pretty good, if I do say so myself.  He's more interested in grabbing my face when I blow bubbles than actually making bubbles so himself.



And ironically, the skill he has the most trouble with was my best stroke in college: Isaac just hasn't figured out that he needs to lay flat when floating on his back.


No comments:

Post a Comment